This question has been flagged

Hi there,

What is the best practice to modifying and adding aditional functionality to an exisiting module?

Say for example with the project module if I wanted to add some code in the create method would I hard code it into the exisiting file or would I have to create a new module which some how inherits the project code and the create method would be over-ridden some how?

Many thanks

Discard

Hi Matt, My personal suggestion is that you should create new module instead of modifying an exiting module.

Best Answer

Hi Matt,

As per my personal suggestion you have to create new module for extend any new functionality or feature of any available module. Because if we have done direct changes into existing module then it cause an issue while we are going to upgrade that module with new code.

Discard

that depends a little on how you have done your installation. Still I think one common practice would be to add Modules 'on Top' an existing module. These new modules add the functionality you want to add. I guess it depends on how severe your addtirion or changes should be whether this is the best approach