This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi,

It's a bit confusing for me : I would like to modify / override a button displayed in the header of a form to match the action of the button to one of mine defined in Configuration -> Actions -> Actions.

An example: I've defined a new action which type is "ir.actions.report.xml" to output a special report for the sale.order form. I would like to replace the print button in the header of this form by one to launch my new action. I found the line : button name="print_quotation" string="Print" type="object" states="draft" class="oe_highlight" groups="base.group_user"

But what's next ? override with a new button ? Which is the button "type" I need to fill in my xml ?

Many thanks for your advices. Regards.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Benoit,

You need to inherit the sale.order view in you custom module and then try the following code.

Following code will replace the button:

<button name="print_quotation" position="replace">
    <button name="%(your_action)d" string="Print" type="action" states="draft" class="oe_highlight"/>
</button>

After this, you need to update your module.

Thanks,

Serpent Consulting Services

Discard
Author

Thank for your answer. After deep searching, that doesn't suit my needs. I will keep the button but just need to delete the default standard report defined in sale order module. I know how to add a new one but what about deleting the default report in code ???

Author Best Answer

Thank you for your answer.

After searching deep, I don't need to change the default button action. I must change the default report opened by the button.

Doing this manually is like : Configuration -> Actions -> Reports remove the 'standard' sale order for example and make my new report service name = sale.order

But the problem is that OpenERP will rollback my changes at each module update.

I can create a new module to define my report but how do I delete the entry brought by sale_order module ? : report auto="False" id="report_sale_order" model="sale.order" name="sale.order" rml="sale/report/sale_order.rml" string="Quotation / Order" usage="default"/>

Discard