This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello,

I want my general ledger to be customized a bit i need to add a column and just want to make it according to my office requirements.I read about openoffice and some other ways to modify and customize reports but not found any solution very much concrete.and i am also confused about .sxw .rml conversion like what to do where to go and where to change the things. can anybody please tell me or give me the link of tutorial that helps me to learn modification and little bit development wherever it will be required.please guide i will be very grateful.Detailed answer would be appreciated because i am learning it right now:)

Discard
Author

Tutorial is required which is easily understandable.Thank you..

Best Answer

Hello,

It's pretty simple
1) Download and install Apache Open Office 3.4 or lower.
2) Go to your openERP -> Settings -> Apps -> Find OpenOffice Report Designer(base_report_designer) and follow the instructions there. It will give you link to a archive with Open Office plugin that you have to install in your Open Office. The plugin has instructions how it should be done.
3) After you've done 1 & 2 go to Open Office Writer -> From main menu OpenERP Report Designer -> Connect to server
4) When you are connected to your openERP server from Open Office you can use "Modify existing report" and open the report you need...

Regards,
Pavel Pavlov

Discard
Author

Pavel Pavolv thanks for your answer.but i am using openoffice 3.4.1 and when i click to openerp report designer and on server parameters it doesn't response please help me in this why is it happening ?

Hi, this is for sure not normal. What OS are you using? What version of openERP? I had simillar problem with Debian + openERP 8(trunk), but then I rolled back to Windows + v7 and it was not happening any more...

Author

I restarted and it worked fine for me thank you :)

Best Answer

Visit the links.

Jasper Reports

Reporting

For converting an SXW to RML do the following

Open a terminal, then Navigate to the report folder in your module and execute the following:

gopakumar@gopakumar-desktop:~/Workspace/Project/openerp/addons/module_name/report$ python openerp_sxw2rml.py name_of_sxw_file.sxw > name_of_rml_2b_generated.rml

Before this you have to copy the openerp_sxw2rml.py file from module /base_report_designer/openerp_sxw2rml to your module's report folder.

Check the following for more on Jasper Reports Jasper Reports

Discard
Author

Thanks Brother Gopakumar for you response but can't I edit reports in Drag Drop window like what i need i edit it and saved it.I am not a technical person :( that's why it would be little annoying for you but if i can get any tutorial that teaches me step by step would be highly helpful and I will be very grateful to you:)

Check the answer now, I have updated.