Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

model field authorisation

on 4/24/14, 2:17 AM 656 views

I am using openerp-7 and now want to specify readonly permission for some fields to specific users and write only permission for other users.can i do that in model fields.can i give 'readonly' and 'writeonly' permissions for certain users for these model fields.

Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc

--Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--
| 5 4 9
Pondicherry, India
--Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--

Passionate coder in Python/OpenERP. Knows Django/Flask MVC frameworks. Did code in Java, PHP.

Contact me at: dvdhinesh.mail@gmail.com

Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc
On 4/24/14, 3:13 AM

Hi, You can give rights to the user group. You do this on your python file, like this:

'employee': fields.char(string='Employee name',read=['base.group_sale_salesman'],write=['base.group_sale_manager'])

This will give group_sale_salesman read-only permissions, and group_sale_manager write permissions...

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 4/24/14, 2:17 AM
Seen: 656 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM