This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I know this doesn't belong here, but you really need to change the karma required to publish links. It's difficult to provide complete and detailed questions without adding a link to references. You've obviously cloned stack overflow, so it shouldn't be hard for you to adjust your requirements. Even they don't require 50 rep to post links.

Discard
Best Answer

This is not some sort of weird clone of StackOverflow that OpenERP has built and decided to unilaterally set up a rule where a minimum karma is required to post links. It's AskBot, a cousin of OSQA the most used open source Q&A website application. Minimum karma for certain tasks (like posting links) is a default feature, mostly to avoid spam. In the case of OpenERP, it is a legitimate concern considering how much the previous forum was the target of spambots.

Discard
Author

Weird? I don't know what that means but regardless, AskBot is a clone of the Stack Exchange network. I never said eliminate the requirement, just lower the requirement. I've been a long time user of many Stack Exchange sites and I understand why people want to implement some form of spam protection and never said it was an illegitimate concern. This site is just much less popular than something on Stack Exchange and probably unfamiliar to many of the end users here, so building your reputation requires you to be the helper and not the helpee.