This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Is it possible to merge checks before printing in batch, or to have multiple payments to the same company be combined into one check? I have installed the new account_check_writing as linked in this article but it still does not appear to have this feature. Is there a setting I could change to get this behavior? Looking at the code there does not appear to be so. I know that you can manually write checks to pay multiple invoices, but I feel like the ability to automatically combine them (or even manually combine them from the Checks submenu) should be available somewhere, since QuickBooks and OSAS both work that way. Thanks!

Discard
Best Answer

If you use that branch, you cannot merge checks that have already been created. As you say, you need to decide from the beginning which invoices will be paid by a single check.

Otherwise, you can create the checks in draft (before printing them) and if you decide to combine, you can delete the ones that you don't want to print and add the invoices to the combined check that you want to print eventually. It basically means that you can do this manually rather than having a "combine" button. It's reasonable for small number of checks, probably less reasonable for large amounts if it's a situation you encounter very frequently. In this latter case, I would change your internal procedure and ask the person in charge of printing checks to create them from the invoices so that it's correct from the beginning.

Discard