This question has been flagged
8 Replies

I'm trying to get the name of the contact in the introduction of my email ( mass mailing) and i don't really know how to.

I tried like that : But it doesn't do anything.

1. Dear ${mail.mass_mailing.contact},

I'm using Odoo 10

Thank you for your help

Discard
Best Answer

To render the contact name you need to use the mako expressions '${expr}' in the mail,

When 

1. the Recipients type is Customer (fields of res.partner)

${object.name}

2.  the Recipients type is Applicant (fields of hr.applicant)

${object.partner_name}

3.  the Recipients type is Leads / Opportunities (fields of crm.lead) 

${object.partner_name}
or
${object.contact_name}

4.  the Recipients type is Mailing List (fields of mail.mass_mailing.contact)

${object.name}

Please Note: when you send the test email it is not rending the mako expressions. 

Discard

Hi Atul, I have tried all the ways in Odoo 16. Nothing is working. Is this solution still works perfectly?

Best Answer

To Reference an Object in a mailing template use QWeb tags 

For Name in a Mailing use this placeholder

t t-out="object.name">Name /t
Discard
Best Answer

With odoo15 to personalize emails, you should use :

• in subject, expression like : {{ object.name }}
  • in mail body, code like :  

t-out="object.title.name or ''" contenteditable="false" data-oe-t-inline="true">

t-out="object.lastname or ''" contenteditable="false" data-oe-t-inline="true">

in t xml tag

firstname and lastname are possible fields after installing the OCA module partner_firstname. To insert this code, you have to edit code source of your email (inside html field or with the inspect function of your web navigator) 

Discard
Best Answer

Can anyone help how to use company name??

Discard
Best Answer

@Dom, you can include just the first name in the mail using ${object.name.split(' ')[0]}

(I can't claim credit for this as I just altered the solution for dates from here (https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-change-email-templates-date-format-15885)

Discard
Best Answer

hi there, 

is it also possible to just take the first name into the mass mail?

Discard
Best Answer

I have also the same problem.I have checked in developer mode the name of the field and it is "name". I have modified a mass mailing template and used ${object.name} but instead of the customer name, it is {object.name} that appears in the email.  Could anyone help ?

Regards,

Philippe

Discard

@Cornette my answer will help you! :)

i have the same problem

Best Answer

You should use 'object'. This object is a reference to a recipient model. When recipients are customers, try just:

${object.name}

Otherwise, depending on related recipients models. e.g. for leads/opportunities (you may find exact field name in developer mode, while just point on this field):

${object.contact_name}

Discard