This question has been flagged
6 Replies

In my country (Peru) we have an invoice number that will never (yes, never) match the Odoo sequence, therefore I need to manually set the invoice number so the customers won't get confused with 2 different invoice numbers. 

Is there a way to set the invoice number manually?

Thank you!

Discard

I cannot comment on the 2 first given answer. So no. I need to MANUALLY type the invoice number before I create the invoice. How could I do that?

Best Answer

UPDATE for v13:

First, import the Number you want to use into another field.  This could be the

invoice_payment_ref  for example.
Once you are ready to set the Invoice Number from this field, create a Server Action like this:

This will set the Invoice Number so that prior to posting, you will retain your custom number:

For versions prior to v13:

The field move_name can be used to force an Invoice Number.

It is invisible by default and has the label Journal Entry Name.  Expose and re-label this field for your users:

https://i.imgur.com/n2gDQQV.png

You probably also want to make this field invisible once the Invoice has been validated and cancelled (so if you cancel, change and re-validate it will keep the same Invoice#).

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

If you are looking to change the format of the Odoo invoice number, so that it will match to yours, you can change the format from the user interface. 

For that activate the developer mode and navigate to  settings -> technical -> Sequence and identifiers -> sequence here you can see a sequence menu, from the listing select the sequence for the invoice and change its format accordingly.

If you are looking to enter the invoice number manually in invoice form right now it's not possible.

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

Goto settings -> Technical -> sequence and Identifiers -> select customer invoices

Configure as per your need

Discard
Best Answer

You may want to read this monster thread about POS and invoice sequences in the Latin Americas:

https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/14059

Discard