Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Managing products with annual maintenance fees (% of productprice)

By
Freek
on 7/23/14, 9:01 AM 411 views

A customer (IT business) wants to invoice an annual maintenance fee of x percentage of the bruto licenseprice.

For example: a Customer orders a software license of 1000 euro, than the customer will be annually billed for 18% of the software license for maintenance and support.

My question: how do I set this up in the Productsheet fo Offers/Contracts?

Thanks in advance for your help.

klacus
On 7/23/14, 11:00 AM

Hi. just idea.

May you modify the sale_order object. When the user create an item in sale order, you call again this methode with your maintence product. You can setting everthing in vals. (pls. see the sale_order.py)

You can inherit the product also with a many2one object what is also a product. (In this case every softvare (product)  can join a different maintenance (also product), and when selled the softvare, your methode write a new line in sale_order_line with joined product.)

Freek
On 8/7/14, 9:02 AM

Thanks for the answer, I am going to try this solution.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/23/14, 9:01 AM
Seen: 411 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM