This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Can Odoo 11 handle farm production for a farm that grows and directly sells broiler chicken?

• Chicks take 5 to 6 weeks to mature, during that period they consume feed, medication and other items.

• At the end of the 5 to 6 week period the chicken are processed to produce up to 15 raw poultry products 

• The products are stored in cold rooms and distributed to outlets/butcheries

Discard
Best Answer

To track diseases it you will need a custom module

To track costs you can use analytic accounts and treat each batch of chicks as a project.  That way sales and purchases invoices related to the batch of chicken can be linked to an analytic account and you can tell whether a batch was profitable or not

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Waiyaki,

The answer is yes and no. In theory you would probably be able to fit your flows into Odoo if you chance them a little bit and look at them differently.
In production I think it would be a bit more complicated and I wouldn't say yes. At the moment you would have no good way to keep track of the food, the mediciation and other items. The only thing that you could do is add it all in the chatter of a product (you could see a chicken as a product) or in the notes field. In production that won't be easy/handy though as you can't filter easily etcetera. The processing and selling of the poultry products and selling them shouldn't be a problem to handle by default in Odoo though.

So to conclude: You can do the producing and sales part by default, keeping track of data from the chickens will be a bit of a problem. I'd advice you to do a part of this project with custom development. Find a good Odoo partner and reach out to them. You can find all the partners at https://www.odoo.com/partners

I hope this helps you.

Regards,
Yenthe

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi Yenthe,

Thank you, you have answered my question  I will pick it up further with experienced partners to look at customization beyond the standard modules

A followup  question would be.. How to add products(chicken) into inventory once they have matured. Would this require the manufacturing module - for example creating a work order to "produce" new inventory ?

regards,

Waiyaki

Discard

Did you find a solution for poultry industry?