This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello, Hope someone will be able to support on this issue based on the fact that I am not a professional with OpenErp.

When products are returned from a client in the warehouse (based on a previous Sale Order/Do and created invoice) two options appear: / to be refunded/invoice / no invoicing

Why when clicking on the first option it creates a new invoice to be refunded when effectively an invoice already exists? Should not create and automatic refund? Financially wise I am note sure it is correct as I will invoice more than the actual.

I appreciate any support on this issue.

Thank you very much

Discard
Best Answer

The Refunded Invoice is for payment from your Company to your Customer (Return the payed amount to the customer after the products are returned).

This way, the financial transaction is properly canceled, with no gap between debit and credit accounts.

Discard
Best Answer

Thank you very much …. but I feel so stupid as still is not clear for me… will you be able to clarify a bit further? I really appreciate. E

SALES ORDERS:
I. Selling goods to a costumer
II. Goods out of the warehouse and invoiced close (you have received money)
III. Some of the good are returned from the client back into your warehouse
IV. So you need to pay back the costumer
V. The system should create a REFUND INVOICE, tracked in the REFUND SALE JOURNAL (Correct?)l for the money I need to pay back to the client. … But instead it currently creates me an invoice, tracked in the Sale Journal … so it almost seems to me that the client has done another purchase?

The purchase order below it seems it works fine to me..

PURCHASE ORDERS:

I. Buying goods from a supplier
II. Receive and paied goods
III. Return part of the goods back to the supplier
IV. The system will create an refund invoice, tracked in the Purchase Refund Journal for the money you will receive back from the supplier.
V. It will create a draft refund
VI. When you pay it will have a negative amount = meaning that is it a credit on your account (deducts costs from your previous buy)

Discard

For the Sales and Purchase the Refund process is globaly the same, with just a little difference: For sales you have to return payment to Customer and for Purchase the Supplier has to return payment to you. And keep in your mind that the Sale Invoice Refund is a document that you have to generate and give to your customer, and the Purchase Invoice refund is a document generated by your Supplier and given to you.

ok thank you very much Said. Now it is much clearer. I was missing the fact that I had to create a refund invoice I thought it would create it directly but it makes all sense now. Many thanks!!!

Others things, for Purchase Refund the invoice (Refunded) is not for you, it's for the supplier, so no negative amount in your balance.