This question has been flagged
4 Replies

We have several items set up as make to order, buy to simplify procurement. The problem is as follows. We receive an order having 20 line items (SO1234)that should be procured from the same vendor. The system created 20 draft orders with Reference to SO1234 in addition the system created yet another 20 draft orders with reference to the Scheduler.

To conclude I got 40 draft PO's instead of 1.

What setting should I change to solve this problem?

I am running Version 7.0-20130212-002145

Discard
Author Best Answer

I was hoping that you were right about the minimum stock rules. Unfortunately, for the items in question I do not have any minimum stock rule set up.

Any othr ideas?

Discard

OK. Just as a best practice for the forums, you should comment on an answer, or your question. By creating another answer, you now can't answer your own question.

Was "Automatic orderpoint" checked when you ran the scheduler? This is usually the cause of SCHEDULER procurements when no stock rules are present. By doing this it is like you are asking OpenERP to create minimum stock rules on the fly.

Author

Automatic order point was not checked when I run the scheduler.

I am out of ideas.

Author

At the end of the day I ended up turning off the functionality since I could not find a solution. It will stay off until there is a tested solution in place. I have tried everything that I can come up with including a fresh install of the database and OpenERP.

It would be nice to compare the two procurements. The system should not create them out of nowhere. In the chatter, you could also see the procurement's history. Even with MTO and minimum stock rules, it should not create double procurements as virtual stock will not be affected.

Best Answer

Hi.

You can check the procurement root. May be the 20 coming from the order, the other 20 coming from the minimum stock settings....

Discard
Best Answer

Products with minimum stock rules cannot also be configured as 'make to order'.

The scheduler will procure twice:

1) to meet sales order needs (X units)

2) to satisfy minimum stock rules in addition to sales order needs (X units plus MAX units).

Check that you don't have any minimum stock rules.

Discard
Best Answer

I believe that's normal behaviour. But you can select them all and choose "merge" in the menu which will merge all selected creating ONE RfQ/PO per supplier

Discard