This question has been flagged
1 Reply

in version 7.0, as one example, the purchase order double validation works as expected when PO amount exceed the specified amount limit, system triggers PO waiting approval status, actually system generated PO approval workflow instance with basic information such as workflow ID, User id, resource type(model),resource ID, but only after goes to the Purchase order list the PO approver gets to know there are POs waiting approval.

I am wondering whether it is possible

1. extend the workflow instance to include more useful information, such as priority, workflow date, approver, action date, comments
  2. make workflow instance list as part of inbox which integrated with messaging system, from this list, the managers can easily have a glance on documents waiting approval, also easily navigate to the document for approval with remarks when needed.
Discard

All of that is possible but you have to code a lot.

Best Answer

I'm sorry, I could follow all of your explanation, but as far as I undrestood:

1. Priority should be an attribute of the PO, the rest fits perfectly in OpenChatter.
  2. To get an approval request into the Inbox, just write a message to the OpenChatter and make sure the approver is a Follower. Tou can test this manually, and it's possible to make this automatic with Automated Actions. Depending on the approver's notification preferences, he can even receive an email informing the approval request.

To see what POs are waiting for approval, that's looking at the PO tree view with the adequate filter.

So, I don't see that you will need custom developments for this.

Discard