This question has been flagged
9 Replies

Followed the instructions for setting up outgoing SMTP server. Test is sucessful and there is only one SMTP server setup and the priority is 1. When I try to send an invitation email I get this error:

Mail delivery failed via SMTP server 'None'.
SMTPDataError: 550
5.7.60 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send as this sender [CY1PR1101MB1228.namprd11.prod.outlook.com]

My SMTP server is named "Outgoing" not "None".

Here is what I am seeing in the log:

2017-12-14 13:55:07,191 816 INFO sanders odoo.addons.base.ir.ir_mail_server: Mail delivery failed via SMTP server 'None'.
5.7.60 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send as this sender [BN3PR1101MB1218.namprd11.prod.outlook.com]
2017-12-14 13:55:07,191 816 ERROR sanders odoo.addons.mail.models.mail_mail: failed sending mail (id: 18) due to Mail Delivery Failed
5.7.60 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send as this sender [BN3PR1101MB1218.namprd11.prod.outlook.com]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 11.0\server\odoo\addons\base\ir\ir_mail_server.py", line 457, in send_email
    smtp.sendmail(smtp_from, smtp_to_list, message.as_string())
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 11.0\python\lib\smtplib.py", line 888, in sendmail
    raise SMTPDataError(code, resp)
smtplib.SMTPDataError: (550, b'5.7.60 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send as this sender [BN3PR1101MB1218.namprd11.prod.outlook.com]')

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 11.0\server\odoo\addons\mail\models\mail_mail.py", line 326, in _send
    msg, mail_server_id=mail.mail_server_id.id, smtp_session=smtp_session)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 11.0\server\odoo\addons\base\ir\ir_mail_server.py", line 466, in send_email
    raise MailDeliveryException(_("Mail Delivery Failed"), msg)
odoo.addons.base.ir.ir_mail_server.MailDeliveryException: ('Mail Delivery Failed', "Mail delivery failed via SMTP server 'None'.\nSMTPDataError: 550\n5.7.60 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send as this sender [BN3PR1101MB1218.namprd11.prod.outlook.com]")

Discard
Author

Ermin, Since I can't reply to your post I'm replying here. Thanks for the link. I checked and the situation described in that post is different from mine. We use hosted Exchange server and I have already configured connectors and allowed IP addresses and am able to IMAP for mail clients and other CRM apps. The error I am getting shows that odoo is trying to send through a server that doesn't exist "None" instead of using the outgoing SMTP server that I have already setup and tested which is named "Outgoing". I tried to paste a screenshot of my setup but couldn't.

Best Answer

Using Office 365 as Email provider for Odoo is not recommended. Use another SMTP service instead. If you really want to get dirty, this thread may help you: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/outgoing-mail-server-not-working-with-smtp-office365-com-35676

Discard
Best Answer

Allow access to less secure app for your configured mail id.

refer below link

\https://myaccount.google.com/u/1/lesssecureapps?pageId=none&pli=1

Discard

This will no longer work, as Google has stopped supporting less secure apps. Here is the new method explanation on how to use app password:
https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/how-to-connect-odoo-to-google-smtp-without-enabling-the-less-secure-apps-access-205557#answer-205558

Best Answer

Same problum at odoo13 ,

connection test is ok at Outgoing Mail Servers

but when I send mail via Technical | Email | Emails ,  it was Delivery Failed,

Failure Reason  is 

Mail Delivery Failed Mail delivery failed via SMTP server 'None'. SMTPDataError: 550 5.7.60 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send as this sender

and I found  Setting  | System Parameters|

"mail.catchall.domain"
is not empty,

after delete this Parameter , Mail can send fine.

Discard

Excelente, solucionado.

Best Answer

I got exactly the same problem with Odoo16

connection test is ok at Outgoing Mail Servers.
We are using a external domain Provider, so it's not an Outlook or Google account.
Also the security level of the domain is given with the SBF, DMARC and the third one.

but when I send mail via the Chatter or anywhere else,  it's sending failed.

Failure Reason  is 

"Mail Delivery Failed Mail delivery failed via SMTP server 'None'. SMTPDataError: 550 5.7.60 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send as this sender"

I also checked the following setting in the System Parameters:

"mail.catchall.domain"

The Value of it, is the domain, which is used to send E-Mails to the Helpdesk-Ticketing.

I tried to delete it, but the error stayed the same.
I also tried diffrent forms of the "ir.mail_server" parameters like:
service@test.com
test\.com
@test.com

Nothing worked to get the Mails to be sent.
Is there someone who can help?

Thanks a lot

Stephan

Discard

Does it work now? I have the same issue with V17. I'm using Odoo since V8 and this error never occured to me. Very strange I even setup a fresh database to check it. Still the same.

I get this error:
Mail Delivery Failed
5.7.1 Sender mismatch

Small update:
In the end I asked the Odoo Support directly.
There were a couple of small parameter faults.

Support was very helpful, and the issue was cleared after 2 days.

I can just recommend to create a ticket and ask them directly.

Best Answer

i solved in my case by doing as follows,

1. Delete "mail.catchall.domain" in Setting  | System Parameters|  otherwise it will make a random bounce mail name and it will be noted as spoof email

2. make overide at "email from" in the email template by fill it with a valid email address or just make it empty

3. All related email domain that have been set must have same domain with what domain that set in the outgoing domain email

Discard
Best Answer

Answer by ermin still working

Discard
Best Answer

Hi all, this was working on Odoo 10 and Odoo 11. Since Odoo 12 this has become an issue. We have the same issue here and we will be debugging coming days. I will keep you posted if we find something. As far as we can see now it looks like smtp server is none but it does seem to do something with the Outlook servers. Not sure if that is because the the receipient is on Office 365 also or if the error is not consistent to what is happening.

Discard
Best Answer

let me try different SMTP service instead. As suggested

Discard
Author Best Answer

Ermin, Since I can't reply to your post I'm replying here. Thanks for the link. I checked and the situation described in that post is different from mine. We use hosted Exchange server and I have already configured connectors and allowed IP addresses and am able to IMAP for mail clients and other CRM apps. The error I am getting shows that odoo is trying to send through a server that doesn't exist "None" instead of using the outgoing SMTP server that I have already setup and tested which is named "Outgoing". I tried to paste a screenshot of my setup but couldn't.

Discard

You can check the log entries and check the messages and emails in "Settings/Technical/Emails". You can also check the server settings in the corresponding email template, but I believe the 550 SMTP error returned by the SMTP server is the cause.

Author

Ermin, Thanks for helping. So even though it says it's trying to use the SMTP server "None" it is actually still using the one I setup named "Outgoing"? Why would the test say my server is setup correctly but the actual email function doesn't work? I did check the log as posted above, unless there is another log somewhere else I can check? And I cannot find where to set the email "From" address. I thought it would use the email address I initially setup in the company profile? I also cannot find the "Settings/Technical/Emails" menu?

Found it, on the default install of Odoo in the System parameters the value of the key "mail.catchall.domain" is empty. This should be the name of your domain. So basically your sender adress is not correct because this value is empty.

Good luck.