This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hi

We are in the process of acquiring an ERP system, an Odoo is my favorite. Only problem is that it doesn't seem to work great with Office 365 (which is our most important tool). Could people share experiences? Main issue for me is the Outlook / Odoo integration. We are looking for a in Outlook click solution to log some customer and supplier interactions. Teams and OneNote is our main platforms, how do those work together? Teams has a comandline function, anyone have gotten to work directly from that to Odoo? And in OneNote we create ToDo lists that sync with the Todo Microsoft app. Anyone got that working with projects? Thanks!

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Filip,

At this point the only part where Odoo and Office work together is with ingoing and outgoing email servers. You can configure e-mail servers and use mailing features without any issues. You can also connect PowerBI with Odoo if you configure postgreSQL for remove connections etc so that's also an option.

The two where you talk about, Teams and Onenote, have no integration with Odoo yet though. I did some checks on the appstore etc but there doesn't seem to be an external module for it either. Onenote has an API though and so does Teams. It would be possible to create a connector for both tools to sync between Odoo and Onenote/Teams but would take quite some time to build probably.

I hope this helps you get started.

Regards,
Yenthe

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

We face the same issues. On other hand there are apps that can replace part of Office365.

For ex. calendar can be totally replaced with Odoo Calendar app. Same for Outlook contacts and parts of Microsoft Teams (except video call that you can still use it in outlook without integration with Odoo.

Also Sharepoint online can be replaced with Odoo Documents (DMS).  If you are a small company you can take in consideration to move to Google Apps. 

Also you can use Google Docs with an Office365 account so most of the needs can be easily replaced.

At this moment there are no full Office365 integrations but you can look for your specific needs to be integrated with Odoo.

Discard
Best Answer

As you have commented, through odoo by default not all office programs work properly, there are some modules that you can acquire that will help you to make them slightly compatible, you can check them in this link:
https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/browse?search=office

Discard
Best Answer

If you need assistance with Office 365, Please feel free to contact me. tom.herbert@cagecube.com

Thanks

Tom

Discard