This question has been flagged

Any downloadable reports , either webkit of the normal reports that have a different format? e.g For the general ledger, instead of having transactions aggregated on account type, just have the transactions following one another...e.g the moves for accomondation which will be treated as an office expense (this will affect the cash and expense accounts), have the report in the following format:

Transaction(move)  A/c Code  A/c Name      Date             reference       Description                       Debit         credit

MISC/2014/0001    110401      Cash            08/05/2014    CQ.000014     Auditor Accomondation                       15000

MISC/2014/0001    220000     expenses      08/05/2014    CQ. 000014    Auditor  Accomondation    15000

For ease of following the general ledger. Any ledger report modules of this nature that i can download? Anyone to guide on doing a custom report for this?

Discard
Best Answer

Have you used the OpenOffice report designer?

https://www.odoo.com/apps/trunk/base_report_designer/

It is a great way to get your general format laid out. I have found that for more complex reports (including putting logos and some custom fields) that it is very helpful to just learn RML. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. If you already have knowledge of html then it might be better to look into webkit, but I have gotten along fine with just OpenOffice/RML. Hope that helps!

Discard
Author

Thank you for your answer. Mind guiding through the steps?

Have you installed a custom module before? I would need to know a little more about your setup. If you are using a web based version you should be able to just download the module from the link above, or by searching for it under Settings: Apps. Once you start to install it it will walk you through the plugin installation process as well, it's pretty easy. If you are hosting it, download the package above and place it in your /openerp/addons/ directory, then restart your server (/etc/init.d/openerp restart). Next go to Settings -> Update Module List. Then Settings -> Installed Modules, remove 'Installed' from the search, and install the module. If you don't see Update Module List, make sure Technical Features are enabled for your user account (under the Access Rights tab in Users). Once you get the module and OpenOffice plugin installed, create a new document and you will see the OpenERP menu appear at the top. From here select Modify Existing report, and you should be on your way. Let me know if that helps, or if you have other questions.

Author

I have installed and configured openoffice. Which lines should i delete to achieve my requirements? The file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43632424/ledger.odt