This question has been flagged
1 Reply

What is the method I am supposed to use for writing error messages on screen in the language of the user, but write messages to log/database always as the untranslated (English) value?

For instance - for instance when the sales person uses one language, then trigger an inventory exception to be seen by the storage person which does not know that language, or the system administrator who might not know neither? In the case of the inventory, I have also noticed that if the translated error message is too long for the database, the transaction is rolled back causing even more problem.

This should be a quite common case in Belgium which have 3 official languages. Is there an official way for always writing the data in the original form to database/log but display the error always in the users language?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

All interfaces and messages of openerp are displayed in the language of the user.

But there are terms that are not translated.you can verify in menu Settings>>Translations>>Translated Terms>>Application Terms then apply filter Untranslated so it displays all terms untranslated.

you can translate these terms or create a new module contains all terms untranslated and this is the best method.

Bye.

Discard
Author

0.1) Go to http://runbot.openerp.com and select the latest successful build of OpenERP 7.0, then login using user admin/admin 0.2) Load a new official translation in a language of choice 0.3) Add or modify a user to use the new language and the user access to create sales orders

Author

1) with the newly created user, go to sales (in the alternative language) and create a sale of the product referenced "CD". 2) accept the sales despite there is no CD's in stock 3) login again with the admin user 4) go to Reports -> Warehouse

ERROR: Notice the stock exception message is written in language specified for the sales user!!!

Author

Now go to the system log files (that is only if you performed the steps on a local base with logging to file enabled. Notice the warnings are only listed in the users language... So the System Admin need to know every language of the users figure the error.

Author

So the problem should be common - I am developing some code where I want to avoid this problem. To do that, the translated value should only be written to screen, but the original value to the database and log files. Is there any alternative "Warning" module made for such cases?