Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Loading wrong configuration file?

v8 v7
Corey Mack
on 3/21/15, 4:59 AM 1,141 views

I'm using Odoo Version 7 and running it through pycharm and command line using openerp-server. That's working fine. Recently i download Version 8, when it i try to run it through odoo.py, version 7 configuration file is loaded automatically. How can i change it?
If i specify -c it also works fine.

Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc

--Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--
| 5 4 9
Pondicherry, India
--Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--

Passionate coder in Python/OpenERP. Knows Django/Flask MVC frameworks. Did code in Java, PHP.

Contact me at: dvdhinesh.mail@gmail.com

Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc
On 3/21/15, 5:04 AM

Hi check whether you have saved your previous configuration file using -s parameter while running openerp. It will be available in $HOME/.openerp_serverrc by default. If present, delete it and run using odoo.py. It will work fine.

-c <config>, --config <config>

provide an alternate configuration file

-s, --save

saves the server configuration to the current configuration file ($HOME/.openerp_serverrc by default, overridable using -c)

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 3/21/15, 4:59 AM
Seen: 1141 times
Last updated: 4/15/15, 12:28 PM