Odoo Help

Loading many2many depending on domain and view opened

By
Victor
on 8/25/15, 6:57 AM 844 views

Hello,

I developped a little module that adds 2 boolean fields into res.partner.tags. (customer and supplier)

I would like load the category_id of res.partner view depending on this new fields. If I open the form view by customer menu, I want that it loads the categories marked like customer, if I open the form by supplier menu, I want that it loads categories marked like supplier and if I open contact view, it should show all categories. 

I saw that this 3 actions call the same form view and I don't know how adapt the domain in this field.

Somebody knows how do that?

Thank you in advance

Bravo! Thank you very much! It works very good!

Victor
on 11/17/15, 7:56 PM

Happy to help you

Axel Mendoza
on 12/23/15, 1:35 PM
Axel Mendoza
On 8/26/15, 2:58 AM

You could do that by using the context values on each of those actions. Suppliers have a context setted with a search_default_supplier = 1. Customers have search_default_customer = 1. You could use it in your domains combining & with | to get the desired domain. Something like this:

<field name="category_id" domain="['|',('field_bool_supp', '=', bool(context.get('search_default_supplier', 0))),('field_bool_cust', '=', bool(context.get('search_default_customer', 0)))]"/>

please vote if that's ok to you

Axel Mendoza
on 8/26/15, 6:24 AM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/25/15, 6:57 AM
Seen: 844 times
Last updated: 11/17/15, 7:56 PM