This question has been flagged
1 Reply

At the moment I am implementing OE v7 in an existing company. This production-company is used to custom make goods (all make-to-order). To complete production of a sales order 3different costs can occur: stock items are used, hours logged to this SO, and PO's linked to this order(external rented people, special purchased items). Now in the end I need a summary of each sales order telling me the margin made. So 1 report telling me the sales price substracted by all the costs.

What is the best to do? I is there a way to link PO's to a SO? Or do I have to work with projects or analytic accounts?

Thaks a lot!

Discard

Are you using MRP? If so, a PO may create MO and MO may then create Procurement Order which in turn will create Sale Order. You might want to try that route.

Best Answer

Hi,

The sale_margin module does just that. It "gives the profitability by calculating the difference between the Unit Price and Cost Price."

1. Install the module from Settings > Local Modules > sale_margin

2. Go to Settings > Configuration > Sales and tick the "Display margins on sales orders"

3. Test this by generating a sales order. Make sure to set correct costs on your products.

The following link to the code can clairify the computations made: https://github.com/steedos/odoo8/blob/master/openerp/addons/sale_margin/sale_margin.py

I hope this helps.

Discard