This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have a situation in version 8 where I would like to take an invoice created by a Sales Order and split it into two invoices.  The process I would like to follow is like this:

1. Find the SO

2. Click create Invoice

3. View the invoice and click More -> Duplicate

4. Change both resulting invoices to be like I want to be (i.e., delete the lines from each invoice that I don't want there)

5. Proceed to validate those invoices

This works just fine, however when I go back to the Sales Order, the "View Invoice" button only takes me to the first created invoice, rather than showing a treeview of both my invoices.  I have seen the treeview behavior happen on Pickings when a backorder is created.... when you click "view delivery order" you see a list of all pickings and can go through them.  

So, does anyone know how to link up orders and invoices so that they can be shown in a list when you "view invoice"?

Thanks!

Discard

I think this module will help you out. https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/account_invoice_sale_link/

Best Answer

Hi Nicholas, 

It think the best way is to split the invoice at the sales order. When you are in the sales order creating the invoice you can choose different options. 

1. Invoice the whole sales order 

2. Percentage 

3. Fixes price (deposit)

4. Some order lines. 

If you for example choose Percentage you can invoice a percentage of your sales order. For example 50%. Create the invoice.

When you want to invoice the other 50% you can choose for 'Invoice the whole sales order' another invoice is created with the other 50%.

If you go back now to the Sales order and click on 'view invoice' you get the tree view with the two invoices. 

I hope this answer will help you. 

Kind regards, 

Lara

Discard
Author

Lara, Of course, you're right. I was actually trying to simplify a situation we're running into where the initial invoice of the whole order is already created. I sort of trying to figure out how Odoo decides that two invoices are associated with a given Sales Order. Even if I have to manually link them up in the Database, that would actually be ok too. Thanks for help. It does work well for the situation I detailed out, but unfortunately, in reality, I'm trying to determine how I can link up an invoice to and order when it was created initially using that "create invoice" button.