This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I have generated a linkedIn API key and entered it into OpenErp. When I hit the linkedIn button a search result pop-up appears. However every search comes up empty. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Discard

I've got the same problem. Once logged in both in LinkedIn and OpenERP (SaaS), I get no result on any research with the LinkedIn button. Only thing i've got is a furtive message stating "LinkedIn is temporarily down for search by url". Found nothing about this message.

Best Answer

LinkedIn has changed its API terms & conditions and doesn’t permit people search anymore on its standard API for new accounts. Access on people search has also been strongly restricted on already existing API accounts. You'd have to apply for a partnership with LinkedIn to use this function correctly, as stated on their website (only two partners exist at the moment for CRM use…):

“- It may not be used for the purposes of database matching, candidate sourcing, or lead generation without an established business relationship with LinkedIn. For information on partnership opportunities, and how to apply, visit our Partner Programs page.

- You can never store data returned from the People Search API.”

https://developer.linkedin.com/documents/people-search-api

At this state, the module is not usable for new API accounts thus will not be actively promoted anymore.

Discard
Best Answer

thanks for this. i knew it was broken and guessed at the reasons why but did not know the background ..

Discard