Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Line break in email templates and codeview (backend)

By
Tim Sevenants
on 11/30/15, 5:20 PM 793 views

Hello,

First time user and poster on the Odoo forums! Excuse me for any typing errors, english is not my native language. We have a problem which we can't seem to fix. We want to edit the email templates for invoices. We can change the text in Technical/Email/Templates (and then select or create a new template) but when we press enter between a line it shows in the editor but after pressing save, the break between the lines is gone?

We press edit again, do an enter between lines and the line break is showing and when we save it again its gone.

I tought a solution would be to change the html of the email template but summernote (i think its summernote in the backend) is not showing the "view code" button. (Because i was thinking maybe i could manually enter <br/> ?)

I hope my question is clear enough -and somebody could help- thanks in advance!

Odoo 9 on Ubuntu

Julian Robbins
On 12/1/15, 10:18 AM

There was a code submission recently on Github to allow html editing, but this may have been just on master and not vers 9.

You may be able to change the view to allow this yourself

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/30/15, 5:20 PM
Seen: 793 times
Last updated: 12/1/15, 10:18 AM