Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

LIFO costing method in Openerp [Closed]

By
Farook
on 7/20/13, 11:18 PM 6,490 views

The Question has been closed

by
Ray Carnes
on 11/01/2013 01:34:42

Hello Friends, One of our client needs LIFO costing method. Can you please let me know if this feature is available in OpenERP or if it's easy to implement

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 7/21/13, 1:09 AM

It is almost in version 7.0!

The functionality has been developed by OpenERP and simply extends the existing cost methods to include LIFO and FIFO.

Currently it is available in a separate branch at https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/7.0-lifo-fifo-qdp

1) From Settings --> Purchases, check Compute product cost based average/FIFO/LIFO cost

image description

2) Then, on each product, configure the costing method

image description

Hi, Ray. I'll want to try the addon. Can't find any download links.

odimegwu david
on 7/22/13, 2:40 AM

I currently have average costing on my system.

odimegwu david
on 7/22/13, 2:44 AM

You need to work directly with the Launchpad branch. See the help at https://doc.openerp.com/6.0/developer/1_1_Introduction/2_launchpad/ and follow the instructions in the "Working with Branch" section using bzr branch lp:~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/7.0-lifo-fifo-qdp instead of bzr branch lp:openerp

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 7/22/13, 5:55 PM

Is it possible to get this costing method functionality in v8?

Kevin Sawyer
on 2/12/14, 11:05 PM

Hi, I'm currently using the version in http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/7.0-lifo-fifo-qdp It's giving me problems when I cancel and validate again an Inventory, but I don't know how to provide a reproducible example cuz I have some custom modules that rely on Inventory and Stock Moves as well. The error is: "Something went wrong finding stock moves [][]10.2123" and it seems that at cancellation time it writes a bunch of stock moves in "done" state but with qty_remaining set to zero I can solve by dropping qty_remaining column and stock_move_matching table then upgrading the module (it recalculate everything) May I ask you if it has been tested in such situation and if it works out-of-the-box on a clean installation with a long history of Stock Moves? How the stock_move_matching table is meant to work? What is the branch http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/7.0-lifo-fifo-qdp2? Thanks

Alessandro Domanico
on 4/21/16, 4:53 AM
ouzza brahim
On 5/30/14, 4:10 PM

hi how it works

Farook
On 7/21/13, 7:51 AM

Thanks a lot Ray........I really appreciate the level of depth in your answers...it was really helpful

Yes, tnx for the answer Ray! Very interesting. Any chance to see it integrated into the main 7.0 version?

Francesco Carrella
on 4/4/14, 4:24 PM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/20/13, 11:18 PM
Seen: 6490 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM