Odoo Help

3 Answers

Ray Carnes United States

--Ray Carnes--
| 10 7 11
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Business Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0; Odoo 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 11.0 and 12.0.

Completed Odoo Functional and Technical Training.

Functional Areas:

• CRM/Sales

• Inventory

• Manufacturing

• Accounting

• Purchasing

Major Skills:

• Business Process Reengineering

• Efficiency Consulting

• User Needs and GAP Analysis;

• Functional and Technical Design;

• Prototyping and Proof of Concepts;

• Requirements Specifications;

• Agile Implementation;

• Data Migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and code);

• Integration - Odoo and non Odoo Applications and Services;

• Training and Knowledge Transfer;

• Go Live Support;

• Helpdesk;

• Version Upgrades and Migration.

• Accounting Expert.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

I am a skilled Communicator and I only take the serious things seriously!

Ray Carnes United States
7/21/13, 1:09 AM

It is almost in version 7.0!

The functionality has been developed by OpenERP and simply extends the existing cost methods to include LIFO and FIFO.

Currently it is available in a separate branch at https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/7.0-lifo-fifo-qdp

1) From Settings --> Purchases, check Compute product cost based average/FIFO/LIFO cost

image description

2) Then, on each product, configure the costing method

image description

5 Comments
odimegwu david Nigeria
7/22/13, 2:40 AM

Hi, Ray. I'll want to try the addon. Can't find any download links.

odimegwu david Nigeria
7/22/13, 2:44 AM

I currently have average costing on my system.

Ray Carnes United States
7/22/13, 5:55 PM

You need to work directly with the Launchpad branch. See the help at https://doc.openerp.com/6.0/developer/1_1_Introduction/2_launchpad/ and follow the instructions in the "Working with Branch" section using bzr branch lp:~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/7.0-lifo-fifo-qdp instead of bzr branch lp:openerp

Advanced Programming, Consulting & Integration, LLC, Kevin Sawyer United States
2/12/14, 11:05 PM

Is it possible to get this costing method functionality in v8?

Alessandro Domanico Italy
4/21/16, 4:53 AM

Hi, I'm currently using the version in http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/7.0-lifo-fifo-qdp It's giving me problems when I cancel and validate again an Inventory, but I don't know how to provide a reproducible example cuz I have some custom modules that rely on Inventory and Stock Moves as well. The error is: "Something went wrong finding stock moves [][]10.2123" and it seems that at cancellation time it writes a bunch of stock moves in "done" state but with qty_remaining set to zero I can solve by dropping qty_remaining column and stock_move_matching table then upgrading the module (it recalculate everything) May I ask you if it has been tested in such situation and if it works out-of-the-box on a clean installation with a long history of Stock Moves? How the stock_move_matching table is meant to work? What is the branch http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/7.0-lifo-fifo-qdp2? Thanks

ouzza brahim Morocco
5/30/14, 4:10 PM

hi how it works

Farook India
7/21/13, 7:51 AM

Thanks a lot Ray........I really appreciate the level of depth in your answers...it was really helpful

1 Comment
Francesco Carrella Spain
4/4/14, 4:24 PM

Yes, tnx for the answer Ray! Very interesting. Any chance to see it integrated into the main 7.0 version?

Ask a Question
Writer
Keep Informed
4 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now