Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Landed Cost Accounting Question

By
Tim
on 11/3/16, 2:32 PM 147 views

Hello,

I know how to add a landed cost for product, but I had a question about the accounting side of it. Let us say the freight was shipped via company PanStar Pacific, and our custom's broker was H.Customs. I will receive invoices from these companies to pay them. Would I enter these invoices normally? Than just do the landed cost calculations? I am not sure how to approach this any help on this matter would be great!

Thank you

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 11/3/16, 10:25 PM

Enter the Invoices as Vendor Invoices (this debits the expense account of the "freight" and "customs clearance" products)

When you create the Landed Costs, just enter the same product(s) from the Invoice(s) and the price for both that is applicable to what was received (this credits the expense from the invoice and debits the inventory account).  Note this approach allows you to allocate a single Vendor Invoice to multiple shipments as is compatible with the way you are billed by your freight and customs vendors. 

The price of your products will now be valued at the purchase price + freight + customs clearance.

Example:

Purchase 10 bottles of wine at $15 each - Inventory initially valued at $150 when received.

Enter Invoices and create Landed Costs of $15 for freight and $45 for customs clearance.  On validation of the Landed Cost, the Inventory will now be valued at $210.  

Just make sure Landed Costs is checked on the Invoicing tab of each Product for which you plan to use.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/3/16, 2:32 PM
Seen: 147 times
Last updated: 11/4/16, 3:40 AM