This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I am posting backlog journal entries in openerp v7. Mistakenly, and because openerp automatically selects the current period, I couldn't see on time the selected period, meanwhile,I have entered the correct backdate that corresponds to the journal and posted it. I realised it late and decided to try to edit the already posted journal. When I click on edit, I don't get access to edit the period, as I click on the hyperlink of the period which opens up a window asking me to close the period, but I don't want to close the period! I only need to EDIT the period in correction of that error. My question is

1. Is this a bug? and how do I fix it?
  2. Why should I be allowed to choose a date that conflicts with a particular period? or at least why can't openerp warn me in that instance?

I think openerp is a good ERP but its accounting module leaves much to be desired on quite a number of accounting related issues. I hope the developers are taking note of some of our reports in order for us to better enjoy openerp, we really like it.

Discard
Best Answer

The period is shown to the left of the date when you create a Journal Entry.

You can prevent OpenERP from posting a journal entry with a date not matching the period by checking the "Check Date in Period" box on the Journal.

image description

Discard
Author Best Answer

Well, I found how to edit the wrongly posted period.

Under accounting, go to journal entries , select the corresponding journal you wish to edit, click on 'cancel entry, click on edit and you will get access to edit the period and date. Thanks.

Discard