This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Is there a way to budget and track costs per task or subtask in projects? Then do a comparison and see which tasks or subtasks are over and under budget?

I would then want to run a report that shows budget vs actual for: 

- The entire project

- Per task

-Per Subtask

This would allow me to easily identify the profitable and non profitable tasks & subtasks of the project. 

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

Costing and Budget management can be defined on project / analytic accounts. It can not be tracked directly based on the Tasks / Sub Tasks.

I suggest you to create a new project for your each tasks if that is possible. You can even define Budget and Budget Positions for your different projects (which are in fact your tasks) and get planned vs actual expenditure, and also total figures as well.

I hope it helps,

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Hamish,

It has been a while since your post, but if you are still looking for a Job Costing Solution for Odoo, we have created this now for Odoo.
https://odoo.interacct.com.au/job-costing-by-interacct/

You will be able to create unlimited Sub Jobs under Parent Jobs which will allow you to breakdown your Jobs to whatever level of detail you like. Under each job you can record the multiple Estimates which can convert to Budget, and then you can track your actuals against this budget with Costs seperated by Materials, Direct Labour, SubContractors, Machines and Sundry Costs.

Let me know if it is what you are after. 

Discard