This question has been flagged
17 Replies

I am getting this error when trying to process or cancel a manufacturing order. "It is not possible to unreserve more products of Pimenton than you have in stock." I have tried to add more product using the "Update quanty on hand" button, but it still gives me the error even though there is plenty of product in stock. 

This is my setup:

Odoo 11.0-20180818 (Community Edition)
-  Apps installed: POS, purchases, manufacturing, inventory

Discard

Wow. Thanks a lot! Worked like a charm

Thanks for the solution, worked like a charm. 

Its excellent working fine and issue has been solved.... just add access right as mentioned above..

Thanks a lot

is it workable for v12

Hi.

It also worked for me in an Enterprise version, thanks so much @Julia van orsouw for sharing!! 

Greetings from Spain.

Hello

I got anothor error when i do in step 11action/fix "fix unreserved qty",so odoo sent me a message " You are not allowed to modify 'Quants' (stock.quant) records.
No group currently allows this operation.
Contact your administrator to request access if necessary."

I don't know that reason about odoo version? because my odoo version is 14

That was really perfect as it immediately solved my problem. 

Best Answer

i had a similar problem, Odoo send me this fix:

ARM created a fix for this. In order to implement it you need to follow these steps: 

1.debug mode

2.technical/server actions

3.create

4.action name: e.g. fix unreserved qty

5.model: ir.actions.server

6.action to do: "execute python code"

7.copy/paste the fix underneath the pre-existing code

8."save" 

9."create contextual action"

10.refresh page

11.action/fix "fix unreserved qty"

12.wait for it to load 

13."remove contextual action"

14.action/delete

______

It happens because the reserved quantity in your inventory does not reflect the one on your pickings. It's probably due to a small configuration change while some pickings where open. 

An easy way to remove it is to create a server action that executes this code https://gist.github.com/amoyaux/20d50f3368ef2f552071f718dc65cad4

It should repair all the inconsistencies in your data.

Discard

This leads in my case to a access error:

Odoo Server Error - Access Error

Sorry, you are not allowed to modify this document. Please contact your system administrator if you think this is an error.

(Document model: stock.quant)

Where can I set the relevant rights? Thanks!

Author

Thank you so much... it worked perfect!!. I was looking so long for an answer... I really appreciate your help.

@christian Meyer: have you tried doing this as admin? Otherwise, try upgrading your access rights for model 'stock.quant' in the access rights menu (settings - technical - access controls list)

Thank you for this solution. I just encountered this now and 1 search in the forum and this immediately showed up.

This answer worked for me also, it took quite a long time to load though.

I also had to adjust permissions in 'Access rights' as @julia van orsouw suggested above before it would work. I enabled write, create and delete access to stock.quant manager and then changed it back to default after cancelling the record with the issue

Thank you so much...

Worked on v11 Enterprise

It worked for me, thanks.

Has anyone had any luck with this method and 16.0?

Was having this same issue. It seems this fix doesn't work in 16. I contacted support and they indicated it was a know issue and corrected it. I asked about a user option to fix when/if it reoccurs. They indicated that there isn't one and to contact support.

Best Answer

Here is the code for the server action

# Available variables:

#  - env: Odoo Environment on which the action is triggered

#  - model: Odoo Model of the record on which the action is triggered; is a void recordset

#  - record: record on which the action is triggered; may be void

#  - records: recordset of all records on which the action is triggered in multi-mode; may be void

#  - time, datetime, dateutil, timezone: useful Python libraries

#  - log: log(message, level='info'): logging function to record debug information in ir.logging table

#  - Warning: Warning Exception to use with raise

# To return an action, assign: action = {...}

# Available variables:

#  - model: Odoo Model of the record on which the action is triggered; is a void recordset

#  - records: recordset of all records on which the action is triggered in multi-mode; may be void

#  - log: log(message, level='info'): logging function to record debug information in ir.logging table

quants = env["stock.quant"].search([])

move_line_ids = []

warning = ""

for quant in quants:

move_lines = env["stock.move.line"].search(

[

("product_id", "=", quant.product_id.id),

("location_id", "=", quant.location_id.id),

("lot_id", "=", quant.lot_id.id),

("package_id", "=", quant.package_id.id),

("owner_id", "=", quant.owner_id.id),

("product_qty", "!=", 0),

]

)

move_line_ids += move_lines.ids

reserved_on_move_lines = sum(move_lines.mapped("product_qty"))

move_line_str = str.join(

", ", [str(move_line_id) for move_line_id in move_lines.ids]

)

if quant.location_id.should_bypass_reservation():

# If a quant is in a location that should bypass the reservation, its `reserved_quantity` field

# should be 0.

if quant.reserved_quantity != 0:

quant.write({"reserved_quantity": 0})

else:

# If a quant is in a reservable location, its `reserved_quantity` should be exactly the sum

# of the `product_qty` of all the partially_available / assigned move lines with the same

# characteristics.

if quant.reserved_quantity == 0:

if move_lines:

move_lines.with_context(bypass_reservation_update=True).write(

{"product_uom_qty": 0}

)

elif quant.reserved_quantity < 0:

if move_lines:

)

else:

if reserved_on_move_lines != quant.reserved_quantity:

)

else:

if any(move_line.product_qty < 0 for move_line in move_lines):

)

move_lines = env["stock.move.line"].search(

[

("product_id.type", "=", "product"),

("product_qty", "!=", 0),

("id", "not in", move_line_ids),

]

)

move_lines_to_unreserve = []

for move_line in move_lines:

if not move_line.location_id.should_bypass_reservation():

move_lines_to_unreserve.append(move_line.id)

if len(move_lines_to_unreserve) > 1:

env.cr.execute(

""" 

UPDATE stock_move_line SET product_uom_qty = 0, product_qty = 0 WHERE id in %s ;

"""

% (tuple(move_lines_to_unreserve),)

)

elif len(move_lines_to_unreserve) == 1:

env.cr.execute(

""" 

UPDATE stock_move_line SET product_uom_qty = 0, product_qty = 0 WHERE id = %s ;

"""

% (move_lines_to_unreserve[0])

)

Discard

thanks, it work for me also

perfect,worked for me too on v13 enterprise.

Thanks! Worked for me on v14 enterprise

Thnak you for the code. Worked perfect. I hope this error is gone in V14.

This server action has caused nothing but misery at our company. Our Pick/Pack/Out is all broken, our customers are upset, our wives are filing for divorce, our pickup trucks have broken down, and our dogs ran off.

We tried unreserving everything and running the scheduler and it seems to fix things, but we keep finding bizarre anomalies in that area. Our Odoo business analyst that is on site with us this weeks says that this action should not be run. It was removed from github.

Thanks! Worked fine for me in V12

This code is for over all stock quant unreserve. If i only want to unreserve a specific product? what would be added in this code?

It happens also on Odoo 16: the script needs only to be edited replacing product_qty with reserved_qty and product_uom_qty with reserved_uom_qty.

Best Answer

This pull request fixes the issue

https://github.com/odoo/odoo/pull/81127/files#diff-4424c1629e21b466bb7af6ab0cb3a674d1bf3e75d93e7e76cf77870dc5bcc853

Discard

the link is dead, update your link to: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/pull/81127/files

Now the issue also arrised in V16. The fix from V14 does not work.

Lars, did you find a solution? I am also having this issue on 16.0.

Tim
Did not work in V16. Experienced the issue only one time. But the transfer related was created in V14. and then the error message came after upgrade to V16.
I ended up with cancel the transfer, empty the stock, archive the product, create a new product, enter the stock and create a new transfer.

Best Answer

I was delighted to find a solution for the reservation issue. Some of our MO's are stuck. Unable to cancel or finish since one or more of the components cannot be "unreserved". We recently upgraded from version 7 to version 12.

Unfortunately running the proposed server action on V12 enterprise (odoo.sh) did not resolve our problem.

Odoo Enterprise support did identify the cause of the problem in our case. 

The Decimal Accuracy/Product Unit of Measure the number of digits was set to 3, while the rounding precision of Unit of Measure (UOM) "kg" was 0.000001

[In general:

If Decimal Accuracy is 3 digits, UOMs should have rounding precision 0.01000 , 0.00100 but not 0.00010 or 0.00001 

If Decimal Accuracy is 2 digits, your UOMs should have rounding precision 0.01000 but not 0.00100, 0.00010 or 0.00001] 

Adjusting the rounding precision took care of some stuck MO's but not all of them. Support did correct historic transactions and all looks fine now.

So kudos to Odoo support for this one. Hope it may help someone else down the road.

Discard

Hi,

after you change the rounding precision in the UoM, did the warning "It is not possible to unreserve more products of ... than you have in stock." not happen again?

Best Answer

In Odoo v15 just run the server Actions Fix unreserved qty to solve the issue

Discard

already in v14 there was this possibility, however this action is only available for users with higher access rights and the other users continue to be faced with this inconsistent error, because with products in stock this should not happen.

Best Answer

I'm on V 14 community and the code provided is good as long as it works. At the beginning it took 5 minutes to run it, now it takes 40-60 minutes and quite often throws an error making it almost impossible to use. In our case we get this "unreserved" error when trying to validate the sale order delivery. The work around I found is to go to database and increase stock_quant.reserved_quantity to the quantity slightly higher than quantity reserved in that specific sale order delivery for a specified lot number of a product that produces the error (we use lots). Not sure if this lot is also reserved for other sale orders and that should be also taken into account.

Just wondering if that issue was ever resolved in the latest V14 versions?

Discard

To find if the lot is reserved to other outbound deliveries. Go to Delivery orders. Select statuses: Draft, Waiting, Ready. Search for product. Then check these deliveries if they are reserved. In case you find reservations - unreserve all. The go to the delivery you want to process and press Check Availability. Should solve the problem most of the time.

Thank Lars. It does work!

Best Answer

Hi, Julia

i did all your steps, but i did n't understand in step 9

9."create contextual action"
please where i can create this step?

Discard

Hello,

After creating the action and saving you can find this on top left of your screen.

Best Answer

Hi,

This code indeed solves the inconsistency in my database and let's my client continue workign. 

However, it keeps happenning again and again. There are not any "configuration changes" in between the failures. 

Do you have any hints on why could this be happenning?

Thanks

Discard

Hi,

If you have EE version I'd advise you to contact Odoo for support to find the cause of this. Else, it's advised to check for discrepancies in stock.quant / stock moves / product moves. I'm not a developer, but I think if this data is not aligned, the error may occur. it could even be a small change like a different unit of measure on a product. Last thing I can think of to check: if you have a scheduled action for the stock scheduler, does it run simultaneously to another process and does that interfere with one another?

Good luck!

I had an issue myself that didn't want to be fixed with the server action. It was caused by planning and processing a manufacturing order + work order eventhough there wasn't enough stock available/reserved for one of the raw material. the MO changed the reserved quantity to it's needs, but the stock.quant reserved quantity didn't change.

Maybe you're also suffering from planning mO's eventhough they don't have enough stock reserved? We've solved it by manually changing the reserved quantity directly in the database.

Best Answer

Hello  @Julia van orsouw
I have face same issue, I tried your code but it solved in only 1 time, Later I faced same issue, I was follow same process as per your comment but it's not working.
Can you please help me out.
I will really help for me.
Thanks in advance

Discard

Hello Riddhi, it didn't fix the issue or did you get an error the second time you tried?

Best Answer

V15 FIX: I researched a fix using the code below, and Odoo internal informed me that since v11 (currently we're v15) this code fix sometimes works. Clicking 'update this app' from the Apps list also sometimes works. Your best bet is to submit a ticket to get this issue resolved. 

Discard

I'm on V15 community (no access to support) and have tried both solutions to no avail. Do you have any other tips/tricks?

Best Answer

Sorry,

I got until p.to  6.action to do: "execute python code"
and I got this in Phyton code

# Available variables:

About 7. copy/paste the fix underneath the pre-existing code
I have to copy the code that I find here https://gist.github.com/amoyaux/20d50f3368ef2f552071f718dc65cad4

I don't understand this part here, what I have to do? 

Thank you for help

Discard

this is the default code help Odoo provides. You past the code you cn find in one of my comments below or over the default code and then you can continue.

Best Answer

https://gist.github.com/amoyaux/20d50f3368ef2f552071f718dc65cad4
page not found,

https://gist.github.com/amoyaux/20d50f3368ef2f552071f718dc65cad4
this too, page not found

Discard

me 2

I've posted the code in a comment in this forum-post

Best Answer

the python code linked in this answer disappeared from the Github account. What to do now?

Discard

me 2

I've posted the code in a comment in this forum-post

You should think that it disappeared for a good reason and not try to find it.

Best Answer

On version 14 and receiving the same issue. I can make this happen almost at will by continuing to issue product to a manufacturing order once it is "In-Process". Sometimes the above works, other times it does not. This is a BIG issue in that it is important for manufacturing to be able to issue additional product to the MO after the MO has began to be processed.

Discard

See my post above- for v11 onwards, submit a ticket to have this permanently fixes. Thanks!

Best Answer

The way i did is in the fallowing video  and it worked .. 

you will endup having a component not consumed, but you can at least mark as done the MO
https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c3jZlDVTONK

Discard
Best Answer

Hello

I did not get the steps

10.refresh page    (means simply reloading ??)

11.action/fix "fix unreserved qty"   (my action button on top has only delete or duplicate?)

thanks for help

Jan

ps. fixed my error! and fixed the Odoo error !!!   Great thanks a lot!!!

Discard

Hi Jan,

How did you find or add the fix to action dropdown?

Hi Terje

Not sure anymore :( but have look under "server actions"

there ist a "run" buttom" for "Execute Python Code"

Best Answer

Please anyone give me solution i am facing problem when i validate delivery order it shows error

It is not possible to unreserve more products of [VG1560080012] SPIN-ON FUEL FINE FILTER than you have in stock.
Does not validate stock in odoo 11 community

Discard