Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

is "Update Module List" from command line possible?

By
Hannes Smit
on 6/17/14, 9:49 AM 7,221 views

I want to install a new module from the command-line. I tried to use -i my_module, but that doesn't work directly.

You'll get: WARNING dbx openerp.modules.loading: invalid module names, ignored: my_module

To avoid this, normally you would start the server, navigate to settings and update module list.

Is there a way to do this from the .openerp-server command? I looked for options in -h, but can't find it.

Any ideas?

Hannes Smit
On 6/17/14, 10:39 AM

Yeah, found some unexplained feature: use -u base or -i base and the module list will get filled with new modules.

I got it by searching for something similar to:

`pool.get('ir.module.module').update_list(cr, SUPERUSER_ID)`

So, ./server/openerp-server --addons-path=youraddonspath/ -u base -i my_new_module

it would be nice if parse_config() included some option to for this update_list()

Hannes Smit
on 6/17/14, 10:41 AM

@hs: would you mind to post to complete install command/procedure for us dummies?

gunnar
on 6/18/14, 3:26 AM

@gunnar: yes, I added an extra line to the answer!

Hannes Smit
on 6/18/14, 3:59 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/17/14, 9:49 AM
Seen: 7221 times
Last updated: 10/14/16, 10:41 AM