Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is there is a way to configure OpenERP with IIS server ?

By
Victor Elbiady
on 4/30/13, 3:57 PM 4,954 views

I have openerp 7.0 installed on windows 2008 r2 server , on this server i am running other web sites through IIS role. Is there is a way to configure openErp to work with IIS ?

thenon
On 4/30/13, 4:15 PM

Depends what you mean by "work with". You can use the ARR funtionality (http://blogs.iis.net/wonyoo/archive/2008/07/09/application-request-routing-arr-as-a-reverse-proxy.aspx) to reverse proxy to OpenERP.

I wanted to publish OpenERP site through IIS server, in another way configure openerp as a website in IIS and publish from there

Allianz Group, Victor Elbiady
on 4/30/13, 4:21 PM

Nope. OE is its own web server, best you can do is provide a facade to that, via IIS, nginx, apache, etc.

thenon
on 4/30/13, 5:13 PM

Hi. Have you actually tried this setup (OE 7.0 on windows 2008 and IIS for adding SSL)? In my case OpenERP accessed directly works fine, but going via IIS gives a "session expired, please refresh" error. I could be doing something wrong with IIS, but I'm not a Windows expert. If that works for you, can you please publish your exact IIS configuration?

Leonardo Pistone
on 10/15/13, 8:29 AM

Are you sure you're using IIS just for the ARR?

thenon
on 10/25/13, 7:21 AM
Jorge
On 5/1/13, 7:42 AM

Because openERP v7 is an wsgi application, you could try this: http:// www.helicontech.com/articles/running-wsgi-on-iis/

PD: review the URL because I haven't enough karma to publish links and I add an extra white space in it.

Very interesting - thanks for this info.

thenon
on 5/1/13, 7:44 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/30/13, 3:57 PM
Seen: 4954 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM