This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I'm using odoo8.0

I just renamed some string in xml file from installed modules, now when I upgrade the modules then I can get the changes so now I want to upgrade all installed modules,

Is there any way or any command to upgrade all installed modules ?

Discard
Best Answer

From the command line you could try:

./openerp-server -u all -d <db_name>

This will update all modules including your base modules. But be careful though, I have faced several issues when updating all modules. Sometimes, some random menus start appearing and on more than one occasion, my database has become completely unusable. Usually, running the same command again seems to fix the issue, but I'm not sure what causes it. If you want to change something in the XML, it would be best to do it in a custom module or to edit the XML from the front-end.

EDIT:

If you are running it as a service, first stop the service. Assuming that the service is called odoo-server,

sudo service odoo-server stop

Then change the current user to odoo:

sudo su - odoo -s /bin/bash

Then make sure that you are in the odoo installation directory i.e. there should be a file called openerp-server in the directory. Then run openerp-server.

./openerp-server -u all -d <db_name>

Discard
Author

Hi Shawn, Thank you for your response, I have run this command but it shows me this Error: myerp/openerp-server: command not found

Edited my answer. Let me know if it helps.

Author

when i run this command: sudo service odoo-server stop then it shows me: odoo-server: unrecognized service