Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
EDIT: This funtionality will soon be available in 7.0.
For details, please see https://accounts.openerp.com/forum/Help-1/question/25372/
The answer is no. There is no FIFO module for OpenERP.
There are a lot of community efforts to build a FIFO module, but none of them is complete enough to be used out-of-the-box.
To implement FIFO/LIFO, we need to:
- clean the current inventory system to support missing features
- clean the current costing system
- Implement FIFO/LIFO that rely on this
- Develop 2 required reports
- Full set of tests scenario
You can not do a clean FIFO/LIFO if you did not cleaned the current average price/costing system before. Some community members started basic implementations of FIFO/LIFO but, as they don't rely on strong costing foundations, this will not work in all situations (lots of side effects).
Just computing a clean average price is not easy at all:
Need a better computation of the actual inventory:
- in multi-company environment (some companies may not have charts of account), each company may have it's own inventory
- We need to clean things like: "which location belong to which company ? based on warehouse's company or location's company. What do we do with transit locations?
- this requires also to develop logistic constraints as we need the exact inventory at a specific date and this can not change over the time.
Need a clean computation of the average price:
- computation based on receptions (estimated costs from PO). What do we do with receptions without purchase orders or return to suppliers.
- adaptation when receiving supplier invoice. We need to be able the inject extra costs splited in each products (border taxes, ...)
- the current average price is global for all companies, we need to convert this system into a multi-company cost.
- misc operations like inventory and manufacturing orders that are not handled currently
Then, when we have a reliable inventory and average price system, we would be able to implement FIFO/LIFO, which is the easiest part. This includes:
- a price history for each product and company
- development of two legal reports (to be defined)
Then we will have to develop a full set of automated YAML tests to guarantee it works and this will not be broken in the future evolutions.
None of the community FIFO modules I saw handle these requirements efficiently.
I made an estimation of 40 days to develop this. Unfortunately, we did not found the customer that is ready to pay for it yet, so we did not started the developments.
I do not know anything about fifo pragmatic module. But I see in the past a fifo module from almacom thailand, with a logic used also by tryton. That module track stock output transaction with corespondent input transaction by fifo rule and compute price for output transaction according with fifo quantities and prices processed. About accounting, if you have quantities and prices computed correctly on stock move, you can manage fifo stock accounting by inherit accounting rules from core stock module.