Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is there a support ticket module?

By
Denis Lloret
on 6/26/13, 11:46 AM 12,592 views

Actually, I just want to know if there is a way, in OpenERP, to manage customers emails by support ticket?

Thank you for your help! Actually I was searching for the Issues via the Project module. I had to set up the option "Create issues from an incoming email account" in order to manage my emails through openERP.

ARS Data, Denis Lloret
on 6/27/13, 1:34 PM

Daniel Reis

--Daniel Reis--
| 6 7 9
Lisbon, Portugal
--Daniel Reis--

Author of the "Odoo Development Essentials" book.

Applications Manager at Securitas Portugal

Github: https://github.com/dreispt

Twitter; @reis_pt

Daniel Reis
On 6/27/13, 6:03 AM

The project_issue could give you what you need.

You might also want to have a look at the community extensions for it, available in the "Project Service" project. I have some contributions there I built to support a service management workflow - you can see an explanation here.

HI Daniel, I asked already on a related questions.Can you give a quick overview how "Project Servce" differs from project_issue. Is Your module a Extension or an replacement?

Travelping GmbH, Holger Winkelmann
on 6/27/13, 9:29 AM

patrick

--patrick--
| 5 4 7
Baarn, Netherlands
--patrick--
patrick
On 6/26/13, 12:34 PM

There is a module crm_helpdesk. According to the description:

Like records and processing of claims, Helpdesk and Support are good tools to trace your interventions. This menu is more adapted to oral communication, which is not necessarily related to a claim. Select a customer, add notes and categorize your interventions with a channel and a priority level.

This is not exactly what you want. Another option might be project_isue:

This application allows you to manage the issues you might face in a project like bugs in a system, client complaints or material breakdowns.
It allows the manager to quickly check the issues, assign them and decide on their status quickly as they evolve.

If both of these default modules do not do what you want, searching on the internet might give you a module better suited, or you can build your own module(s) to do what you want.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/26/13, 11:46 AM
Seen: 12592 times
Last updated: 6/21/16, 1:18 AM