Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

is there a fingerprint scanner that feeds into hr_attendance

By
gunnar
on 10/24/14, 6:51 AM 4,196 views

Chris Jones from http://saasier.com/ is developing a fingerprint scanner based on an Arduino mega plus a small SBC called a Pcduino (runs Ubuntu) and & a fingerprint sensor. It feeds login and logout data into the hr_attendance Module.

I made a post a few weeks back about integrating Arduino and OpenERP.

I've taken an Arduino mega plus a small SBC called a Pcduino (runs Ubuntu) and connected to a fingerprint sensor. You register your fingerprint and associate to an ID in the hr module for that employee.

A python script on the Pcduino connects to OpenERP via xmlrpc and logs the user in or out and displays a message in the GUI welcoming the employee.

My plan is to open source this but if I can get a handful of people who want one I can get some custom cases built so it's nicely packaged. If someone can help rewrite the Arduino fingerprint librar for the Pcduino we can ditch the Arduino thus simplifying the design.

The code is online now https://github.com/saasier1/saasier_public_addons/tree/master/fingerprint_scanner  and Protoypes are in development.

The idea is to offer a ready-to-purchase product to anyone who wants to buy such or just the open code for the ones who want to build a box themselves.

Here is a first video showing how it works (I guess this has made progress since the video was shot)

This project is being discussed on the Community mailing list for some weeks andy many have shown enthusiastic feedback. Somehow it seems there is help required with finishing the code (as far as I understand help with the libraries (https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-Fingerprint-Sensor-Library) and help with Python Tkinter is what is needed right now).

I am one of the enthusiasts that would want to use such a device. Unfortunately I can't code whatsoever and therefore I am trying to bring potential code contributors together with this.

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 10/24/14, 8:12 AM

So let me get this straight, you seek python developers to finish a module for Odoo/OpenERP that is able to use the scanner in your example, right?

Perhaps you can edit the opening question to provide some sort of link to see which profiles are still required for this project?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/24/14, 6:51 AM
Seen: 4196 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM