Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
2/11/13, 2:18 PM

You can use the XML-RPC API in OpenERP Online by setting manually a password on your user (i.e. an API password) , using the menu top "More..." and the option "Change Password". This allows the selected user to connect with the 'traditional' OpenERP web-service and skip the OAuth authentication mechanism. See also this question for more details.

The parameters to use are then:

• Login: any user login on which you assigned a manual password
  • Password: the password you manually set (can be different from the password on OpenERP.com)
  • URL: https://yourcompany.my.openerp.com (watch out, this must be HTTPS)
  • Database: same as the name of your instance, e.g. yourcompany
  • Port: 443 (normally implicit with the HTTPS URL)

See also:

• Some examples for using the XML-RPC API (this is for v6.1 but valid for 7.0 and OpenERP online too)
  • There are many open source libraries that simplify the use of the XML-RPC API, most of them written in Python, such as the openerp-client-lib, ERPpeek, OERPLib, etc.
  • As of OpenERP 6.1 an alternative JSON-RPC API is available. The openerp-client-lib can use it, and php-oe-json is an experimental PHP library that can do it too.
3 Comments
National Health Distribution Inc.
2/5/14, 4:17 PM

This is all well and good, but what database are you supposed to specify for the Online version? Is there any restriction when the account is in trial?

Ray Carnes
7/22/14, 4:18 PM

"Database: same as the name of your instance, e.g. yourcompany" - a trial is 100% identical to a subscription, but without the services (additional users, support, apps store, bug fixing, migration, etc).

Fausto R.
11/28/14, 7:46 AM

I am trying as explained with xml-rpc, openerplib, and oerplib libraries. All of them produce errno -2 (Name or service not known), and the last call said (.../socket.py, line 553, in create_connection). Any suggestions around url:port or elsewhere?

Sebastien Alix
2/12/14, 9:53 AM

Hi,

There is an example in the FAQ of OERPLib. A complete example:

>>> import oerplib
>>> oerp = oerplib.OERP('yourcompany.my.openerp.com', protocol='xmlrpc+ssl', port=443)
>>> oerp.login('user', 'password', 'yourcompany')

Regards,

Ask a Question
Writer
Tag
Keep Informed
6 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now