Hi, regarding the API:
a) Is it definitely the case that in "OpenERP online" SAAS there is no Xml-rpc?
b) Is there anything I need to do to enable it in v7? My sample code is failing to connect, wondering if there is a toggle somewhere...
You can use the XML-RPC API in OpenERP Online by setting manually a password on your user (i.e. an API password) , using the menu top "More..." and the option "Change Password". This allows the selected user to connect with the 'traditional' OpenERP web-service and skip the OAuth authentication mechanism. See also this question for more details.
The parameters to use are then:
- Login: any user login on which you assigned a manual password
- Password: the password you manually set (can be different from the password on OpenERP.com)
https://yourcompany.my.openerp.com(watch out, this must be HTTPS)
- Database: same as the name of your instance, e.g.
- Port: 443 (normally implicit with the HTTPS URL)
- Some examples for using the XML-RPC API (this is for v6.1 but valid for 7.0 and OpenERP online too)
- There are many open source libraries that simplify the use of the XML-RPC API, most of them written in Python, such as the openerp-client-lib, ERPpeek, OERPLib, etc.
- As of OpenERP 6.1 an alternative JSON-RPC API is available. The openerp-client-lib can use it, and php-oe-json is an experimental PHP library that can do it too.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 2/11/13, 11:31 AM|
|Seen: 9241 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|