This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I have created .rml file for report module....I dont know how to convert it in to .sxw file..My doubt is can a report module be created without .sxw file

Discard
Author

i created a dhl_clearencee2.rml ......but in .py file we use class clearencee2(report_sxw.rml_parse): so if do not have sxw file what is the purpose of using report_sxw.rml_parse in a class???/??

Not necessary for adding .SXW file you have the rml file already. .SXW file is used for generating rml file from your doc file. thats its not mandatory.

Author

K thank you.....sir but in py files of report module there is report_sxw.rml_parse and report_sxw.report_sxw terms....my doubt if i dont have sxw file in my report module then should use report_sxw.report_sxw and report_sxw.rml_parse in py file.....i am confused regarding this matter

Author

thanks a lot.....i understood very well.....i created a report module for a module to print a form with out fetching any objects.....my issue is when i try to install a module xml architecture error i do not know where i am going wrong....please view this link and help me https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x90ykrocworffkz/rusLpiXGVE

Best Answer

Hi R.sridevi,

You can create report without .sxw file. It is not mandatory that .sxw file should be there for a report. Usually we are using .sxw file is for simplicity to design the reports in open office rather than writing the entire code for the report.So that we can convert it to rml file.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello R. Sridevi

No. .sxw file is not necessary to generate a report. If you are good in creating rml file then you don't need to have sxw.

Actually sxw file is used to generate rml file. sxw is converted into rml.

Thanks,

Serpent Consulting Services

Discard