This question has been flagged
2 Replies

as Odoo is intended to be used as an online application I wonder whether it is secure against hacking or any other online threats. I guess many of you might share this concern.

Discard

Not 100% or even 90%, East to exploit via RPC.

Author

@Zahin: what's RPC ?

Remote Procedure Call, Odoo uses XML-RPC for external calls if you want to.

Author Best Answer

due to lack of expertise I don't have an answer to that question. But there seems to be doubt about this matter in the Community.

A good way to participate raising the overall security level would be to contribute to this indiegogo campaign run by UK's OpusVL which is raising funds to execute a security audit on Odoo. The campaign (which I am not involved in) is still running for about a week and hasn't reached it's goal yet.

So, whoever cares about security (I guess we all should) might be willing to participate (starting from 10 GBP)

Discard
Author

5 days on the clock still, 4 upvotes to my question, 4 upvotes to my answer (which I just messed up by clicking "convert to comment" instead of "comment") ... but 0 additional funders. Come on everybody !

Not odoo or even fabiens tweets secure, sudden deleted and new version comes with critical license and unacceptable rules. For Enterprise Implementation of security its one of the risk.