This question has been flagged
4 Replies

When I install (some?) Apps, I get the login prompt with a little Message "free for 2 users".

Does it mean that if I install OpenERP localy I'm restricted to "pay per user" anyway!?

We're looking forward to use OpenERP and service of local Partners. But it's only interessting, if the software itself is (and keeps) absolutly free!

Discard
Best Answer

An answer has already been provided by an Odoo/OpenERP official (fhe) on :

https://www.odoo.com/forum/Help-1/question/Odoo-Pricing-when-installing-on-premise-52452

Yes, it is a free solution provided you have the expertise to install the solution, run and manage all you wish to do.

You have the choice of paying for extra services - and thats what they are, extra services,  not license fees - behind that will provide you with extra assistance. It is true that Odoo/OpenERP could clarify further what the extra services really bring you, as what is written today in the pricing page of Odoo is a bit too generic in my opinion.

Discard

Yes, I think we need to improve that.

Best Answer

Odoo is still an Open Source project. You can find it source code on github https://github.com/odoo/odoo . So yes, if you know how, you can still install it locally without license costs. However I encourage you to use paid version as it gives you support, upgrades & migration. And what is also really important, these fees makes further product development possible.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thank you! I know how ;-) I've installed it succesfully on Ubuntu Server.
The question is: will "it" or some modules stop working if i create 3 or more users!?

It's not about speding money or get paid services!
Surely our company is willed to spend some money back to the Open Source community!

We are a mid size Offset-Printer and are totaly sick of the proprietary software in "printing industry"!

May be some one has already worked on an integration into our industry...

Discard
Best Answer

Die Einschränkung "free for 2 users" gilt nur für die Installation von Modulen über die "App".

Sofern der komfortable aber ab 3 Benutzern (innerhalb Odoo/OpenERP) kostenpflichtige Weg über die "APP" nicht gewollt ist, können die Module auch manuell installiert werden.
Zunächst werden die Module heruntergeladen (Wichtig: Die Module müssen zu der installierten Odoo/OpenERP Version passen).
Die Module werden ggf. entpackt und alle Dateien in den Addons-Pfad kopiert (Dateistruktur beibehalten, je Modul ein eigener Unterordner).
Evtl. müssen die Rechte angepasst werden (Im Standard ist der Benutzer "openerp" mit allen Rechten definiert).
Reboot des Odoo/OpenERP-Servers
In Odoo/OpenERP dann Einstellungen -> Übersicht Module -> Update der Module ausführen.
Jetzt können die Module über Einstellungen -> Übersicht Module -> Installierte Module installiert werden.
Achtung! der Filter "Installiert" muss entfernt werden, sonst werden nur die bereits installierten Module angezeigt.

Auf diese Art können alle verfügbaren Module installiert werden.

Discard