This question has been flagged
1 Reply

hi,

I am about to set up a new OpenERP 7.0 machine. Surfing for installation howto's I found this one [http://sf.fenecon.de/2014/03/14/installation-von-openerp-7-0-openerp-community-backports]* (sorry it is in German) which is based on using the so called "community backports" with bazaar (bzr branch lp:ocb-server/7.0 ocb-server).

It says they would be somewhat better maintained then the "official" sources and supported by a broad community base (the "OpenERP Community Association" is mentioned in particular in this context). To me that sound very reasonable and I'd like to gather some comments about this matter here before really going for it and as a source for other people who might find this thread.

*thanks to Stefan Feilmeier for the howto by the way

Discard
Author

with "safe/sane" I mean 'does it make sense' in terms of being able to come to a good working system. On first sight everything looks fine after installation

Best Answer

Hi, im using community backports in production. It seems to be stable for me. I used it because of certain bugs that werent corrected in the main branch, Everyhting smooht so far. I have bben running 2 months in production

Discard
Author

If have proceeded with understanding and currently understand it is better to use the OCB edition of OpernERP/Odoo because of patches and bugfixes being applied quicker. Apparently OpenERP S.A. has recently committed to apply community patches quicker into their main stream, but using OCB seem still not a bad idea