Odoo Help

Is it possible to check a database value every ´n´ seconds and update a field in the view accordingly?

By
E.M.
on 12/27/15, 8:28 PM 828 views

I would like to be able to display a view which checks a given database field, and depending on its value displays ENABLED or DISABLED, but that updates the status every ´n´ seconds. sort kind of online activity monitor. Is that possible in Odoo?

If so, where could I look for more information on how to achieve that? I am specifically looking for information on how to program/define the "update" action.

Axel Mendoza
On 12/28/15, 2:13 AM

You need to use some kind of auto refresh module for views, that refresh the data and also the view for changes. I just finish and tested the migration of a module mine that do that features for several type of views: list, form, kanban, calendar, graph

You can try it by installing:

https://github.com/aek/odoo_public/tree/8.0/addons/solt_autorefresh

After install and page refresh you just need to specify a value in seconds for the field auto_refresh of the Odoo Action. After that if you open any view that it's loaded by that action that view will be refreshed after the specified amount of seconds

Hope that helps

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/27/15, 8:28 PM
Seen: 828 times
Last updated: 1/22/16, 5:16 PM