This question has been flagged

HI All, I don't want to follow the ean13 barcode format in odoo-8. I have stop that in product creation using my custom module. My scanner working fine throughout the system with my barcodes. When i goto point_of_sale, when i search with my scanner, the scanner return a barcode with preciding "zero". Because of this my product not seach properly with barcode. I have check pos.xml and screen.js files to change this behavior. But no use can any one help me please, how can i change this search behavior. I hope it's not problem with my scanner. Scanner working fine, when i use that in normal product search bar and notepads giving actual barcode. It's adding zero when i use that from the POS screen.

Discard

Hy samba, did you reproduce this on http://runbot.odoo.com/runbot? You can probably override the name_search method of the product class so that it search more widely in the db

Author

I unable to find that function in point_of_sale modules. Can you please give me the path.

Which type of scanner are you using? Sometimes the setting to add a proceeding zero is found in the configuration of the scanner itself. Most manufactures will supply barcodes which can be scanned, forcing the scanner to perform these modifications.

Author

Thank you for your response cliff, Scanner working fine, when i use that in normal product search bar giving actual barcode. It's adding zero when i use that from the POS screen.