Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is it possible to change the product search behaviour of point_of_sale odoo-8?

By
samba
on 1/23/15, 1:04 AM 696 views

HI All, I don't want to follow the ean13 barcode format in odoo-8. I have stop that in product creation using my custom module. My scanner working fine throughout the system with my barcodes. When i goto point_of_sale, when i search with my scanner, the scanner return a barcode with preciding "zero". Because of this my product not seach properly with barcode. I have check pos.xml and screen.js files to change this behavior. But no use can any one help me please, how can i change this search behavior. I hope it's not problem with my scanner. Scanner working fine, when i use that in normal product search bar and notepads giving actual barcode. It's adding zero when i use that from the POS screen.

Hy samba, did you reproduce this on http://runbot.odoo.com/runbot? You can probably override the name_search method of the product class so that it search more widely in the db

Mind & Go, Mind And Go
on 1/24/15, 1:02 PM

I unable to find that function in point_of_sale modules. Can you please give me the path.

samba
on 1/29/15, 1:44 AM

Which type of scanner are you using? Sometimes the setting to add a proceeding zero is found in the configuration of the scanner itself. Most manufactures will supply barcodes which can be scanned, forcing the scanner to perform these modifications.

Cliff Kujala
on 1/29/15, 2:18 AM

Thank you for your response cliff, Scanner working fine, when i use that in normal product search bar giving actual barcode. It's adding zero when i use that from the POS screen.

samba
on 1/29/15, 3:00 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/23/15, 1:04 AM
Seen: 696 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM