This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi All,

In openerp V 7 is it possible that we can store attachmetns only in Filesystem instead of storing in both FTP and Database.Please reply me soon ASAP Thanks in Advance.

Discard

one more doubt is that can we store those files in anywhere in our localhost like can we define path ourself for storing? like C://Desktop

Best Answer

Hello Vadivel,

If I get your thoughts correctly, then it seems that you want to store attachments in fiel system, means, where OpenERP is located i.e besides "addons" folders where OpenERP is installed. In OpenERP V 7, you can achieve this by configuring System Parameters (Menu : Settings >> Technical >> Parameters >> System Parameters). Here, you need to create one System Parameter.

Following are details of that:

Key : ir_attachment.location

Value : file:///attachments

Here, in value, you can replace "attachments" with your desired folder name. What OpenERP does, that, it will create folder with database name, and all attachments will be stored into that folder.

Also, if you look into that folder, name of attachment are scrambled, but OpenERP can read those name, and when you download that from OpenERP, you will exact that name from which you have stored that. Make sure you give appropriate access rights to that folder where you are going to store the attachments.

Hope, this will help you

Regards

Discard
Author

Yeah its ok But even attachments stored in db also right?

Author Best Answer

@vadivel - In database, what OpenERP does, that it only stores record of that attachment, and does not store content of that attachment. And while downloading attachment from OpenERP, it uses that attachment record to decode that particular attachment, stored into that folder, and allow user to download. In short, OpenERP only stores attachment record, and not it's content. So that will not increase the size of database.

Discard
Author

thank you for your reply it helped me lot thank u so much

@vadivel - Upto v6.1 such functionality does existed, but since the release of v7.0, they have removed such feature which allows you to configure you desired path for storing the attachments.

Author

thank you So it is not possible in V 7 thanks u lot