Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is it possible for Parent Company to get it's Child Company Transaction?

By
Anirudh Lou
on 12/1/14, 3:55 AM 512 views

Hello everyone, Does anyone know if a parent company can get it's child company's transaction? For example, "Child Company" has transaction, it has all accounting reports. Now if i go to "Mother Company" and generate accounting report [on itself], it must include it's child company's transaction. I try to do consolidation but when i generate reports, it shows nothing or i forgot some configuration.

Pls, let me know if someone knows about this dilemma.

Ivan

--Ivan--
| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ivan--
Ivan
On 12/1/14, 4:35 AM

Have you setup the consolidation in your chart of account?  To be able to consolidate from child company to parent company you need to set-up the consolidate your child compay's account into the parent company's account.  The parent's account need to be of Internal Type Consolidation.

Thank you sir for the response, so you mean i have to log in my parent company and do the setup?

Anirudh Lou
on 12/1/14, 9:31 PM

Yes. You setup the consolidation accounts from your parent company.

Ivan
on 12/1/14, 10:08 PM

Sir can you give me the step-by-step on performing consolidation. I tried it but no effect on parent company perhaps i missed some setup.

Anirudh Lou
on 12/1/14, 10:26 PM

This link is for 6.1 but the principle does not differ that much: https://doc.odoo.com/v6.1/book/3/3_9/chart_of_accounts/

Ivan
on 12/1/14, 11:45 PM

Ok sir thanks for the info, by the way i have generated all reports as parent company i just don't include fiscal year from the wizzard.

Anirudh Lou
on 12/2/14, 1:18 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/1/14, 3:55 AM
Seen: 512 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM