This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello everyone, Does anyone know if a parent company can get it's child company's transaction? For example, "Child Company" has transaction, it has all accounting reports. Now if i go to "Mother Company" and generate accounting report [on itself], it must include it's child company's transaction. I try to do consolidation but when i generate reports, it shows nothing or i forgot some configuration.

Pls, let me know if someone knows about this dilemma.

Discard
Best Answer

Have you setup the consolidation in your chart of account?  To be able to consolidate from child company to parent company you need to set-up the consolidate your child compay's account into the parent company's account.  The parent's account need to be of Internal Type Consolidation.

Discard
Author

Thank you sir for the response, so you mean i have to log in my parent company and do the setup?

Yes. You setup the consolidation accounts from your parent company.

Author

Sir can you give me the step-by-step on performing consolidation. I tried it but no effect on parent company perhaps i missed some setup.

This link is for 6.1 but the principle does not differ that much: https://doc.odoo.com/v6.1/book/3/3_9/chart_of_accounts/

Author

Ok sir thanks for the info, by the way i have generated all reports as parent company i just don't include fiscal year from the wizzard.

Sir, I have my own Chart of Accounts ans i import COA to each company cepratly each company have own chart account, I have one parant company, now i want to see consolated bank balance of each comapny, so is this posibale to see without any app instlation to see Sum of Accounts?

@Muhammad Saeed Sher Khan

You should post your own question. The question is dated 2014, 7 years ago. Things have moved since then and hence your question bear no relevance to the original question.

Do state your Odoo version when asking the question, as different Odoo version have different accounting models.