This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I'm trying to override the list view for Products.  I would like to drop the "Status" column, which appears to be displaying the "state" field from product.template.  I had no problem removing the "Product Type" column, but for "Status", Odoo says:

Error: NameError: name 'state' is not defined

http://localhost:8069/web/static/lib/py.js/lib/py.js:370

The field is listed in the original view, and the column displays just fine.  Looking in the database table, I see that there are no values in the state column (all are null) for all records.  Why can't I remove the column, then?

Discard

It's being called for and if it is not defined (or has been removed) you will get that error. Rather than beat your brains our trying to delete it, just hide is with the invisible attribute in the view Like Ivan suggested below.

Best Answer

Sometimes the field is needed for other stuff like domain, setting dynamic attributes, etc.  What you can do is to keep the field and make it invisible (put invisible="1" in the field tag).

Discard
Author

That's what I ended up doing. Was just wondering why Odoo would complain after removing it. Makes sense, if it's being looked at by some other piece of code.

Best Answer

Hello Jeff,

Suggestion of Ivan is appriaciable. But now first you need to get back that state by updating product module from settings.

Then you can apply the solution given by Ivan.

Regards.

Discard