Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is a join of filters by AND possible?

Peter Nietz
on 3/11/15, 11:47 AM 475 views

Hi folks,

when I define filters in my xml view like:

<filter name="group_latest" string="Latest" domain="[('date', '>=', time.strftime('%Y-%m-%d'))]"/>
          <filter name="lat_north" string="Nördl. Hem" domain="[('geoip_latitude', '>=', 0)]"/>

and I use them both in my view they are joined by OR. But I want them to be exclusive, joined by AND so first filter is applied AND ALSO the second filter is applied on the results of the first filter.

Is this possible?

Emanuel Cino
On 3/11/15, 12:31 PM

You could create one other filter this way :

<filter name="group_latest_north" string="Latest Nördl. Hem" domain="[('date', '>=', time.strftime('%Y-%m-%d')), ('geoip_latitude', '>=', 0)]"/>

Which will apply the AND condition.

that's not what I need. It will increase the complexity to much, cause there are lot more filters implemented and to implement all the combinations of joins (for more than 3 at a time) is not wanted. but thx anyway

Peter Nietz
on 3/12/15, 8:13 AM

Ok sorry. I don't think we can bind predefined filters with AND condition.

Emanuel Cino
on 3/13/15, 1:51 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 3/11/15, 11:47 AM
Seen: 475 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM