This question has been flagged
3 Replies

hi guys,

I'm testing Odoo Version 8. When I cancel an invoice, rest it to draft and validate it again the Invoice number skip the  Sequence and loose one number. 

For Example If I cancel invoice n. SAJ/2016/0008, than reset invoice to Draft state and validate it again I get Invoice n. SAJ/2016/0009. On number is lost. I do not think this is the correct behavior.

Even if I force the correct number using force invoice number, the following invoice number proposed by the system always skip one number.

I have to go to Setting / Sequences / Sequences / Sales Journal to recover the number.

Thank you for your help.

Thanks

MAX

Discard
Best Answer

The invoice sequence will update on validate the invoice (while validate the invoice Journal Entry will post and Journal Entry sequence number will update into the current invoice)

While cancel the Invoice Journal Entry will be deleted, after Re-validate the Invoice Next number will update.

Customization is required on Journal Entry creation.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hello Edser,

thank you for your reply. I tried to set it both way Implementation: Standard and no gap. The problem is not solved. I have account cancel installed to cancel the invoice.

Thanks

MAX

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Max,

Try changing the sequence implementation to No Gap. It's weird how it's behaving because even on Standard I don't have that issue and as you're only testing Odoo I guess there's no one else but you giving input to the system but give it a try.

Discard