Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
I would like to know hoy to perform the following in OpenERP 7:
1) Create a quotation + sales order in one currency (let's say USD)
2) Invoice the previous sale order in a different currency (EUR)
I already have multicurrency, exchange rates and 2 pricelists (USD and EUR) configured.
The problem is when I perform the invoice from the sales order, OpenERP assumes the same currency must be used. And if I edit the invoice and change the currency, it does not update the amounts based on the currency exchange (if the invoice was USD100, I change the currency of the invoice and remains EUR100).
Hi Nicolas Lopez,
W.r.t your query, I have gone through it and tried to replicate it. Few recommendations which I would like to suggest you which might cater to your needs are as follows:-
1) In odoo if you have a Sales Quotation in a particular currency then the whole process of generating invoices(i.e. the Accounting part) would be in the same currency.
2) The reason behind this to keep track and avoid discrepancy of information/Data which is the major function of implementing an ERP
3) Hence, if Sales Quotation is in different currency and customer wants to pay in different one then the only option we have currently is through Customer Payments. Here we can make Customer payments in any currency as per our requirement and to track payments we can either mention Invoice Number or payment ref, so that we can refer back to the payment later.
Hope this helps
Could you precise the business scenario where you need to do this because it doesn't sound like something you should do at all. If it was allowed, you would end up with an invoice that refers to an order that is different (because of a different currency). OpenERP doesn't allow that.
If your customer asks you to get an invoice in a different currency than the quotation (or order) you sent him, you should create another quotation (or order) with the correct currency and create the invoice out of that correct quotation (or order).
On the other hand, if your scenario is that your customer got the invoice in USD but is going to pay you in EUR, then what you need is to keep your invoice in USD and create a customer payment in EUR that will reconcile it (which OpenERP supports).
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 11/21/13, 1:00 PM|
|Seen: 7965 times|
|Last updated: 2/16/16, 8:22 AM|