This question has been flagged
2 Replies

True confession: I come from an SAP dev background AND I tend to overthink.  So, please help me keep on track here.

We are not doing any customizations but I know that every time I change config/settings, I might break something.  I've done it!  Brought Odoo to it's knees, I did, by messing with warehouse locations (be very, very careful!).

How are you verifying that your change over here didn't break that over there?  I believe the Odoo developers use Selenium, but that seems like overkill for my little start-up company.  On the other hand, I can't afford to make a career out of testing and abandon my development efforts.  But if I don't test well and we run out of raw materials...well, you get the picture!

Anybody using automated testing out there?

Discard
Author Best Answer

I have seen this article but have no idea how to actually implement it.  Please help me evaluate whether or not it is worth the investment to learn.

1.  Can/should this approach be used for changes to configuration settings?  We are not writing any code.

2.  Is it common practice for Odoo customers to implement such measures?

3.  How can I learn to use this approach?

Thank you!

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Sandi:

The information provided at the following link will be useful.

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/13.0/reference/testing.html

In addition, each module typically has a "test" folder that contains test scripts used by the Odoo development team for regression testing. You may want to go through them to get a better sense for how things are organized.

Discard