Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Insert One2many in wizard, TransientModel

Daniel Rodriguez
on 7/5/16, 2:15 AM 277 views

Hi, when I insert a One2Many in TransientModel and their inverse field many"One in ModelModel Odoo tell it's not possible becouse the relation betwen ModelModel and TransientModel can't be.

¿Why is the soluction for insert a One"many Field in TransientModel?

Axel Mendoza

--Axel Mendoza--
| 6 7 8
Camaguey, Cuba
--Axel Mendoza--

DevOps - Full stack - Software Architect - Developer - Technology Integrator

I could help you to develop anything and solve complex problems based on technologies, integrations and tricky stuffs mostly in Python with OpenERP/Odoo, Zato, Django and many others frameworks programming languages and technologies.

I offers consulting services to anyone with an unanswered questions or needs for customizations. Think about it, maybe it's better to have an expert to solve your issues and projects than having a full time employee trying to understand what to do an how

Reach me at aekroft@gmail.com

Axel Mendoza
On 7/5/16, 2:36 AM

You need to use a Many2many field to solve the relationship because Many2many fields does not need an inverse field. This is happening since I start using Odoo(OpenERP 6.0.3) and the concept has not changed

The one2many field is essentially the inverse relation corresponding to a many2one field.

As the error message says, you cannot have a many2one from a Model to a TransientModel, but you can have a many2one from a TransientModel to a TransientModel. So you can have a one2many in a TransientModel, as long as the comodel of that field is also a TransientModel.

Daniel Rodriguez
On 7/5/16, 3:27 AM

Great solution. tranks!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 7/5/16, 2:15 AM
Seen: 277 times
Last updated: 7/5/16, 7:59 AM