This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Is it possible to enter initial set of production lots (with serial numbers)? Similar to entering initial inventory I guess.

Our issue is that we already have a large number of "production lots", or systems, that we have already manufactured and sold. We use a small set of BOMs to make the systems. We would like to enter these in openERP so we can use modules like the repair module (RMAs) which requires a lot number for traceability.

Basically, we want to enter historical data.

Thank you Emil

Discard
Best Answer

The way we handle this at camptocamp is by writing scenarios using OERPScenario to handle the import of various formats. This is custom made for each customer as each customer has specific needs.

Specifically for production lots, I recently used a csv file containing the following columns:

• customer name
  • product reference
  • production lot (the customer is managing unique serial numbers, so the quantity was 1 PCE for each product)

and I used these information to create moves with the specified products and production lots from the Supplier location to the Customer location, adding a partner_id to the move.

Discard
Author

Thank you Alexandre. This is very useful tip.